Monday, November 19, 2012

Reality Check

I think I'm in for a BIG reality check in the coming weeks.

For some reason, I have this idea that once we move into our new place, life will be all sunshine and roses and perfection. But really, nothing about this new house is going to change the way we live our lives.

I will still be super busy with both of my jobs and taking Liam back and forth to my in-laws. My husband will still work a difficult schedule. Our dining room table will still be covered in mail and the scraps from everyone's pockets. There will still be baby toys and baby gear scattered across my living room. And the bathroom mirror will still be covered in splatters most of the time. The only thing that might be different is that the piles of clothes everywhere might be clean instead of dirty because we will now have a washer and dryer.

But I will have my own place again, and that will be marvelous.

No comments:

Post a Comment