Thursday, January 24, 2013

Chocolate Mug Cake




Crummy/weird day + late night chocolate craving = me googling chocolate mug cakes, and coming up with this amazing thing.  I just had to share because this is only about 200 calories (!!) and tastes amazing.

I looked at a lot of recipes for mug cakes while coming up with this one, but I think most of what I did came from this recipe.

Chocolate Mug Cake
1 tbsp + 2 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder
3 tbsp all purpose flour
1 tbsp + 2 tsp sugar
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp salt
3 tsp unsweetened applesauce
3 tbsp skim milk
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
cooking spray
small handful of chocolate chips (optional)
powdered sugar for dusting (optional)

Combine dry ingredients in a little bowl with a wire whisk.  Add applesauce, milk, and vanilla extract.  Mix SUPER well with the whisk (I had like one weird spot in mine that wouldn't really cook all the way no matter how many times I kept microwaving it, and I think it's because I didn't stir it well enough).  Spray a coffee mug lightly with cooking spray.  Pour batter into mug.  Sprinkle in a few chocolate chips.  Microwave for 1.5-2 minutes.  Let cool and then flip the mug upside down onto a plate and tap the bottom of the mug a few times and the cake should come right out.  Dust with powdered sugar if desired.

Enjoy your low calorie chocolate dessert!!

195 calories
47g carb
1g fat
6g protein
3g fiber

No comments:

Post a Comment