Thursday, January 10, 2013

Losing the Pregnancy Pounds Part Three: Results


A series of posts about losing the weight I gained with my pregnancy.  I didn't start this blog to be a weight loss blog, but it is a big part of my life right now so I can't help writing about it. 

Part One: My Backstory
Part Two: My Plan

I am happy to report that I lost 3.5 pounds in my first week!!  I know that the majority of that weight loss is probably the water I retained from eating ALL THE THINGS over the holidays, but I was happy with the number I saw on the scale yesterday morning nonetheless!

I think the hardest part of starting any weight loss plan is having patience with your results.  It's hard for me to not will the time away so I can just get to my goal weight.  I signed up for TWO weight loss challenges this week.  And looking at my starting weight on both of those charts and seeing the spaces for the weigh-ins for each week or month with the dates through March or June, just really makes me want the time to pass so I can see my weigh go down and down.  So I'm trying really hard NOT to do that.  I'm also trying really hard to not expect unrealistic results from myself.  Even 3.5 pounds is a pretty big loss for one week, and I definitely will not expect that all the time.  I really don't think it's healthy or realistic to lose more than 2 pounds per week (I'm no weight loss expert, just talking from my own past experiences), but I know that changing your diet drastically like I've done can jump-start your results at the beginning.

One day at a time, one pound at a time.  Eventually, it really will be June and I'll be able to see all the hard work pay off.

And speaking of hard work, it has been hard.  I did have some slip-ups Friday and Saturday last week (weekends are always my weight-loss nemesis), and again on Monday when the BCS bowl game was on.  I've been pretty good about sticking with the 30 Day Shred, but I'll admit that I haven't done it everyday.  I thought I could do both that workout and Zumba in one day, but I am just pooped out most of the time, so I've skipped it a couple times.  I'm getting ready to move onto level 2 tomorrow night anyway though, so we'll see how tough that is!




No comments:

Post a Comment