Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Losing the Pregnancy Pounds: When the Results Surprise You

I had a great experience stepping on the scale this morning ... one, two, and three times, just to make sure that number was correct.  Another three pounds lost since last Wednesday.  These are the kind of results that are super motivating and encouraging.  I know it won't be like this all the time (probably not even next week), so I'm going to revel in this feeling of success while I can.

I was especially surprised this morning because when I weighed in for the weight loss challenge at my Zumba class last night, I hadn't lost any weight compared to last Tuesday night.  I was pretty bummed because I felt like I've been working pretty hard.  I know weighing in on two different scales can be tricky (and at two different times of day), and I usually trust my home scale most of all because I've always been consistent on it and use it most often.

Pleasant surprises like this can really make your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment