Saturday, January 19, 2013

Ten Things to Help Your Marriage Thrive

I came across this link a couple weeks ago on Pinterest, and I felt really compelled to give these 10 things a whirl.  After a crazy 2012 of becoming parents and being in survival mode for those first 6 months, then changing jobs, moving in with my in-laws, moving again, and launching straight into the holidays, our relationship is in desperate need of a boost.

The next evening, I had us start with number one - weekly questions.  We struggle to make the time to sit down and just talk, just the two of us, at least once a week.  But we are going to work harder at finding the time to go through these questions together, even if it's less than 20 minutes.  I'm also really excited to begin implementing the travelling journal idea and the small metal box idea.

We aren't going to be able to immediately start doing all of these things, and these might not be the 10 magic things for us, but I think that if we give each one a try and keep doing the ones that feel right, and maybe make up a few things of our own, it will help us feel more connected to each other and help our marriage thrive.

Check out The Ten Things to Help Your Marriage Thrive on Today's Letters.  (I also just really love this blog in general, so check it out!)


No comments:

Post a Comment